- 1 round of timed practice
- 3 rounds of qualifying (round-by-round, best 2 to count).
- Lunch break
- 2-leg finals (each one counting as a separate championship score)
There will be prizes at the end of the series based on championship results. We try to give prizes to everyone who does the minimum number of events (6 events).
Rookie Class Rules
The rules for this class are fairly open, they are largely there to keep speeds sensible and reduce crash damage while learning the hobby.
- Suitable for all new racers, or those returning after a long break.
- Any 1/10 on-road electric car is allowed, including Ready-To-Run (RTR) and kits.
- A Tamiya TT02 or FTX Banzai are the best place to start, as they are legal to progress to the next step of SportsTC.
- If you’ve raced before then maybe consider a good used TC like an Xray T4 or Schumacher Mi8, allowing you to progress to 17.5 TC.
- You can also run a Frontie in Rookie, so if that class looks appealing then try to go with a BRCA legal setup.
- Motors to be no faster than 17.5t brushless or 21t brushed (Tamiya Sports/Torque tuned are fine).
- 7.2v NiMh or 7.4v hard-case lipo batteries only. Lipos must be balance-charged in a lipo-safe bag.
- Any tyres are allowed. We have loads of good used tyres donated to the club that we give out for free, so don’t worry about buying tyres.
SportsTC is the ideal progression from Rookie, aimed at the Tamiya TT02 and similar kits.
When starting out in Rookie it’s worth reading these rules, and try to buy/build a car that’s legal for this class, so you can progress without any additional outlay. For instance some of the parts on the more expensive TT02S aren’t legal, so it makes more sense to start with a base TT02 kit.
The full SportsTC Rules are here. These may adapt as the season progresses.
Frontie cars run to the BRCA 2023 rules with control electrics and tyres:
- Ride belted treaded tyres (while or silver wheel)
- Hobbywing fixed timing 17.5t motor
- Hobbywing XR10 Justock G3 ESC with 15k rev limit
- BRCA legal Frontie bodyshell.
- Open tyre additive.
Touring Car Rules
Cars must be BRCA legal including:
- Rush32M control tyre.
Sweep34 and Contact34 are also allowed so you can use up any older tyres.
The Rush32 is a little faster but not by a massive amount.
- Motors, Lipos and Blinky ESC (for 17.5t) from BRCA lists.
- Bodyshells from BRCA list
- Open tyre additive.